JOB TITLE: Deputy Head, Investment Banking
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop appropriate structures and deal execution strategies for all transactions
- Quality control on all documents and correspondences going out of the department.
- Ensuring compliance and risk management best practice
- Interface with both regulators and clients with a view to ensuring adequate see-through of transactions.
- Manage and sustain team morale and human resource planning
- Ensure adequate and timely preparation of all periodic reports and interface with relevant departments on those expectations
- Support the group head in ensuring the achievement of the team’s budget
- Ensure that the team achieves its strategic objectives as set out by the Board and management.
- Represent the group head at all meetings where the department is expected to be present but for which the group head is not available to attend.
- Perform all other functions as may be delegated by the group head.
- Lead on a variety of transactions in all stages, from initial client pitch to transaction closing
- Communicate regulatory, financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist and guide decision-makers in Investment Banking transactions
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by demonstrating extraordinary attention to detail
- Provide business leads to business origination units.
- Serve as internal and external thought leader by participating in key industry conferences, publishing thought pieces in web logs, being interviewed by journalists and trade journals, and other avenues to generate exposure and build brand
- Effectively supervise the Investment Banking Group.
- Guide and manage execution teams on day-to-day execution of deals
- Provide leadership, professional development and mentoring for reporting staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (or any of its related courses).
- MBA or MSc. in Finance related discipline is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Investment Banking, conducting advisory related projects with demonstrable M&A execution experience
- Good knowledge of corporate finance, including mergers and acquisitions, and equity and debt capital raising transactions.
- Thorough understanding of capital advisory services and the M&A process, complex debt/equity/distressed restructurings, creating buyer/seller strategies, deal structuring and negotiation
- Strong understanding of the capital marketplace, including deal multiples, pricing, structure, potential financing sources and buyers, and an ability to develop capital-raising strategies and execute upon those strategies
- Experience managing investment banking transaction execution teams.
- Strong knowledge of various sectors of the economy, especially Nigerian and African markets.
- Knowledge of and ensuring the Bank’s adherence to global best practice and standards in Investment Banking and related concepts.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid research skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment and/or independently
- Ability to find and contact potential clients, with ability to build (or utilize existing) extensive network of potential clients and referral sources
- Good management resource planning and resource coordination skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and function effectively under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and people management skills.
- Significant client interaction and experience, particularly showing the ability to develop strong and influential client relationships.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Deadline: January 7, 2022
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|