Job Title: Deputy Medical Coordinator
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions.
- Fully assuming the medical coordinator’s responsibilities in case of absence.
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- At the request of the Medical Coordinator, represent MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on MSF charter, values and principles.
- Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality.
- Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards.
- Collaborating with with the logistics department according to project needs on pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects).
- Assist in defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety (i.e. monitors both physical and mental health state of staff, promote compliance of all related protocols and procedures and collaborate in the update of issues regarding the security context).
- Able to fully undertake the responsibilities of the Medical Coordinator and his tasks in case of absence/gaps.
- Essential Degree on Medicine or other Paramedical Studies.
- Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset.
- Essential 2 years experience in relevant jobs, in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Mission working language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Deadline: September 13, 2021