Director of Laboratory Services is needed at an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
JOB TITLE: Director of Laboratory Services
Job Code: TSU001
- We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team.
- If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
- The Director, Laboratory Services will be responsible for developing and implementing CIHP’s overall strategy for laboratory support including oversight for the laboratory standards assurance and quality management activities at all CIHP supported sites.
- He will ensure that all program aspects related to laboratory service delivery meet acceptable National and International standards.
- He will provide leadership in the development, implementation, refinement, and coordination of organization-wide laboratory processes and systems to ensure program effectiveness and services delivery.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Advanced Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or related Science from an accredited university.
- 12 years’ post NYSC experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO development context. Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices within a hospital environment.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting in the areas of molecular diagnosis, viral load determination, drug resistance testing, genotyping and nucleic acid sequencing.
- A very good understanding and working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities; Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g., USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other grant funders).
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others; excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in establishing and maintaining constructive communications and healthy working relationships.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- At least 5 years of technical and financial management large, multi-year USG/CDC or equivalent governmental donor assistance programs.
- Demonstrated success leading complex, evolving, large-scale operations, tasks, and teams and working with multiple sectors and stakeholders and achieving programmatic and financial results.
- Proven strategic planner and team leader with strong technical knowledge, conceptual and analytical ability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV in Microsoft Word format, alongside their suitability statement in not more than 200 words to: [email protected] indicating the “Job Title, Location and Applicant Full Name” as the subject of the mail; e.g. COM01 Abuja, ESTHER ISA.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||8th April, 2020.|