KCA Deutag Group is recruiting candidates for a Drilling Project Manager (DPM).
JOB TITLE: Drilling Project Manager (DPM)
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
Reports To: Drilling Superintendent (DS)
- The Drilling Project Manager is responsible for the safe, economic and efficient operation of the rig and camp in accordance with KCA Deutag (Company) Business Managements Systems (BMS), Clients standards and Country laws.
Area(s) of Responsibility
- To demonstrate and promote safety leadership
- To plan and manage the activities of the drilling crews such that drilling operations are conducted:
- Safely, efficiently and effectively
- In accordance with Company and Operator’’s policies and to the highest standards of international good oilfield practice in conformance with applicable legislation and standards
- To work with the Operator’s representatives and those of other contractors at site to optimize the use of resources, achieve cohesion of the inputs to drilling operations and to create a spirit of cross-company team work
- To apply his experience directly in the event of non-routine activities of the rig and to assume control and manage the crews and resources in the event of anticipient or actual emergency or incident
- To advise the Field Superintendent / Area Manager and Operator’s representative of all issues which could merit their attention
- To maintain and enhance as appropriate, the rig and associated equipment to retain its asset value and marketability and to continuously develop improvements to rig site practices so as to enhance safety and performance.
- The drilling project and personnel on behalf of Company.
- Personally responsible for own safety and conducting ones self to the standards of Company Policies and Procedures
- Take personal responsibility for and demonstrate leadership in HSE.
- Plays leading role in safety meetings and the safety program
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to direct reports, and manage their efforts so as to maximize their contribution to operational effectiveness and performances
- Direct enactment of the operator’s drilling programs and manage company resources being applied to the drilling activities at site so as to achieve safe, efficient and effective operation to conduct, together with the operator’s representatives, timely reviews of the drilling or work- over program
- Ensure that the rig is operated in accordance with the design parameters and in conformance with Companies BMS.
- Be present at the rig floor or relevant area of the rig to direct all critical activities
- Take responsibility for planned maintenance, certification, record-keeping and reporting
- Ensure all equipment on site (including sub-contractors and clients equipment) is suitable for use and in a safe condition
- Maintain all required records and documentation at rig site in an organized manner and produce accurate and timely reports on all aspects of rig operations and personnel matters
- Develop rig move plans and manage rig moves, taking personal responsibility for safely rigging-down & rigging-up of the drilling rig, camp and associated equipment
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement in operations and demonstrate results in this regard
- Work with the Operator’s site personnel and other site contractors to develop improved practices which will positively impact on drilling performance
- Ensure that drilling operations are conducted in accordance with policies and practices of Company, the Operator and relevant national authorities
- Liaise with Operator’s other contractors who are involved in operations so as to achieve cohesion in concurrent (simultaneous operations and cross-company team work & effectiveness
- Take responsibility for all HR matters at rig site, including training and development of expatriate and national staff in the rig crews, particularly with regards to on the job training
- Maintain the validity of personal certification and training together with that for the rig crews
- Ensure that incident reports are filled out in detail and in a timely manner in the event of an incident, illness, near miss, equipment damage or environmental spill
- Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, KCA Deutag permit to work system
- Ensure all daily / monthly approval sheets and reimbursable sheets are prepared and agreed with the client representative on site, immediately after the service is done
- Ensure compliance with all statutory pollution prevention procedures
- Plan maintenance and repair tasks so as to minimize the effect on the drilling operation
- Supervise the order, cleanliness and housekeeping at all relevant work sites and around all rig equipment
- Ensure that ean adequate supply of spare parts is maintained on the installation and stored in environmentally sound conditions
- Ensure that all sections of the Enhanced Drilling Reporting System (EDRS) are updated on a dally basis
- To ensure representatives of certifying authorities on inspections of the installation are accompanied as required.
- Safety is a line responsibility. Each individual member of the company should be aware of his responsibility to ensure safe working in his respective area
- Apply Company safety regulations at all times
- Report to the Line Supervisor all the potential hazards and abnormal situations
- Obtain the necessary safety clearance for the nature / type of work to be carried out, in advance, in consultation with the HSE Adviser and in accordance with safety procedures (i.e. Work Permit).
- Explain to the persons concerned the visible and hidden hazards involved in the jobs. (Job Safety Analysis / Pre job meeting)
- Instruct his personnel before commencing the work to the safety precautions and measures to be observed at work (tool box meetings)
- Investigate and report near misses and correct them immediately
- Promptly report to line management any violation of safety regulations by the personnel, even if this violation has not resulted in an accident,
- To have good understanding of budgets and demonstrate an awareness to stay in the budget.
Systems and Processes:
- Comply with the Permit to Work systems in operation on the rig and Base
- Consult KOMS before the execution of each job to assure the latest standards is in place
- Assure that all rig specific work instructions are available on site
- Assure rig move plans and equipment load lists are available before starting of a rig move
- Assure the EDRS is correct and up to date.
- Ensure that all subordinates have sufficient information and knowledge to carry out their job without endangering any persons, plant or equipment and are adequately trained and experienced for a particular task before they are instructed to carry it out
- Ensure that health and safety at work and accident prevention are continuously brought to the attention of all employees under his authority by means of job supervision, instruction and training
- Assure that all subordinates under his command are appraised yearly on a fair basis.
- Assure that all subordinates are trained to but not limited to companies’ minimum training standard.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Group management systems and where applicable client procedures.
- 5 years proven experience working in a similar position in the drilling industry
- International experience is an added advantage.
- It is needed that the Drilling Project Manager is able to trouble shoot on all Bentec Control systems as Mud pumps, SCR, Top Drives and Draw-works
- The DPM must have a minimum working experience of 5 years working with the control system
- Able to read and write the German language fluently to be able to trouble shoot with the Bad Bentheim (German) Engineers.
Required Personal Attributes:
- Commitment to safe working practices, policies and legislation
- Enthusiastic, self motivator
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills in good English
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Willing to travel and work in other countries if Company requests
- Be flexible to work outside the normal hours if the situation requires so
- Willing to join Companies training program (i.e. Drilling Course 1 & 2).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to be accompanied with all credentials and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: September 14, 2020