KCA Deutag Group is recruiting candidates for a Drilling Superintendent.
JOB TITLE: Drilling Superintendent
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
Reports To: Country Manager
- Reporting to the Country Manager, the Drilling Superintendent is responsible for the efficient and cost effective management and control of operations on the drilling Rig under his authority and for the safety of all persons working thereon.
Area(s) of Responsibility
- Safety, operational and financial performance for Rigs under his authority. Drill crew utilisation and sub-Contractors management where appropriate.
- Liaises with Toolpusher
- Manage the operations assigned to them and ensure that they meet contractual quality and performance criteria.
- Supervise those to whom they delegate responsibility, and to ensure the effective operation of supporting services under their control or provided by departments within the Company. Ensure that all well programmes are executed properly, efficiently, safely and in accordance with Company, Client and relevant Country regulations and guidelines.
- Liaise at all times with their Operations Managers on all key issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Conduct technical appraisals of drilling and workover programnies, ensuring that any improvements, concerns or remedial actions required, are brought to the attention of the client.
- Provide advice and guidance to their Tool pushers.
- Ensure that critical performance evaluations of specialist sub-contractors are conducted and findings reported to the Operations Manager and client.
- Ensure accurate recording- and reporting of all problem events including accidents/incidents.
- Take an active role in pre-spud and end-of-well meetings, (if applicable) ensuring that complete reporting is undertaken and that all learning points are brought to the attention of the Operations Manager and the client.
- Ensure the Rig is maintained in accordance with Company and Industry standards and that all mandatory and other Operating Certificates are maintained up to date.
- Advice management on matters affecting the interpretation of the contracts affecting Rigs under their control and to deal with day-to-day contractual matters as directed.
- Review the performance evaluation of the personnel on the rig in terms of contracted requirements.
- Liaise and support the Tool pusher in terms of human resource utilisation and development. Initiate investigations and remedial actions on equipment, structural or system failures affecting the Rigs under his authority.
- Ensure the timely requisition of all materials, equipment and services to the correct specification for the execution of well operations.
- Ensure control and effective tracking of Company moveable assets assigned to the Rig(s).
- Insert safety responsibilities e.g. knowledge of safely system.
- Where necessary emergency response.
- Monitor attitude towards safety.
- Good understanding of finances.
- Assist with tender documents.
- Ensure that the Rigs and Operations meet Clients expectations
- Development opportunities for personnel they supervise or methods of work.
Systems and Processes:
- Management System- identify- improvements to.
- Competency, performance appraisal.
- Well Control and Blowout Prevention Certificate, supervisory level
- High School Diploma or equivalent. (Degree in Engineering is preferred)
- Certificate in drilling technique (Drilling school- section Drilling Supervisor or Oeutag Drilling
- Coarse-level 1& 2 or Shell- round 1&2orsimnilanlraining certificate)
- Have work experience in HPHT drilling.
- Attended Stuck Pipe course
- Basic knowledge regarding electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Experience with MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Outlook, Acrobat pro, Project Manager. Knowledge and experience of SAP based maintenance systems.
- Familiar with cost Control, reporting and verification.
- Familiar with material stock control.
- 3 years in DS position with an international drilling company.
- 7 years as a Toolpusher or Drilling Project Manager.
- 10 years experience on a land drilling rigs in a all job positions.
- Minimum off year international experience.
Required Personal Attributes:
- Commitment to safe working practices, policies and legislation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivator,
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills in good English
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Available to work international for KCA Deutag.
- Flexible to work outside the normal hours if the situation requires that
- Training and coaching capabilities are mandatory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their credential and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Deadline: September 9, 2020