JOB TITLE: Enterprise Coordinator
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Deputy Project Manager / Child Protection Manager
Direct Reports: Senior Enterprise Officers
Working Relationship: Dmel Coordinator, Case Management Coordinator, Senior Community Mobilization Officers, Case management Officer
- Search Nigeria is seeking an Enterprise Coordinator who will support the direct implementation of the “Supporting the Socio-Economic Reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Groups including the Civilian Joint Task Force in North East Nigeria” program by supporting the economic reintegration of children through capacity building, enterprise skills development and accessing self or wage employment in local markets.
- This role will provide technical leadership to the economic reintegration program component, under the direction of the Deputy Program Manager. This will involve developing tools to quality assess and assure interventions, and take proactive measures to address needs identified within the program.
- The Enterprise Coordinator will work closely with Enterprise Officers, under the direct supervision of the Deputy Project Manager, supported closely by the Child Protection Manager.
About the Project
- In the past decade, states in the North East region of Nigeria have faced frequent attacks by Boko Haram militants leading to widespread displacement, violations of national laws, international humanitarian and human rights laws, and a deepening humanitarian crisis.
- Children, who are the most vulnerable members of society, have suffered the worst impacts as pre-existing problems of access to social protection, education and healthcare increase, new threats emerge, and the systems to protect children fail.
- This project aims to ensure that children verified and separated from CJTF, and other vulnerable children, receive a comprehensive child protection package including psychosocial support and socio-economic reintegration, and that their communities understand the importance of their separation and reintegration.
- Search will work closely with the children, their families and communities, and CJTF to address the psychosocial and economic needs of the children, and to influence the attitudes of communities and CJTF so they understand the negative impact of associating with armed groups on children and prevent grave violations against children.
- By increasing resilience of children associated with CJTF and increasing their employability, this project will facilitate lasting reintegration of these children and amplify positive narratives around their role in communities as productive civilian actors and agents for peace.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support to Deputy Project Manager/ Economic Reintegration Specialist to carry out local market analysis to better understand the local livelihood systems, household economies, and market opportunities so that appropriate and economically relevant training and economic reintegration opportunities can be sought for the children.
- Use the analysis report to identify constraints and opportunities for livelihoods improvement of children in Maiduguri.
- Facilitate work plan development, implementation and ongoing monitoring to train targeted children of legal age in skills that will cater to the needs and demands of the local markets within Micro-Enterprise Trainings and ongoing mentoring.
- Coordinate all enterprise related training activities that will take place in targeted communities.
- Organize and coordinate business opportunities and administrative support sessions that will help trained children of legal age in identifying and accessing small business seed grants, employment opportunities, and information on available economic resources.
- Identify, assess and select local artisans/small business owners in targeted communities.
- Sensitize local artisans/small business owners in targeted communities by providing necessary support to empower children.
- Monitor each young person’s partnership with his/her employer and carry out quality assurance visits each quarter to all businesses. Report findings and address any challenges observed.
- Support teams to produce timely high quality reports and documentation both to meet donor and internal requirements as needed.
- Provide technical input to project implementation to achieve targets.
- Provide ongoing supervision and mentoring to Enterprise Officers.
- Maintain record of expenditure and report these to Deputy Project Manager and Child Protection Manager.
- Keep abreast of local context and security situation and share updates with the team as necessary.
- An advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Social Work, International Development, Human Rights, Psychology, Sociology, International Law, or another relevant Social Science field.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in enterprise development, business management or other relevant field, particularly in the field of adolescents of legal age.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage
- Training experience relating to business and enterprise.
- Familiarity with tool development and best practices in skills development trainings.
- Experience working with Children Associated with Armed Groups, and knowledge of economic reintegration best practices.
- Minimum 1 year management/ supervisory experience.
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Highly organized and systematic with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and working skills, enjoys a multicultural work environment.
Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date).
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
- All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
- Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Deadline: October 11, 2021