Job Title: Enumerator (Volunteer)
Ref No: 210002TN
Location: Damaturu, Potiskum, Gujba, Jakusko, Fune and Fika – Yobe
Employee Status: Contingent
- The Enumerator has the responsibility of collecting data, Conduct interviews of respondents in the communities according to the evaluation questionnaires,
- He / she is to work with the MEAL /Program team throughout the exercise.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Represent SCI in the field, with professionalism, honesty and commitment
- Conduct interviews of respondents in the communities according to the evaluation questionnaires
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and information management standards and protocols, sharing information only in compliance with these standards.
- Work with cultural sensitivity and respect the dignity of vulnerable children and families and members of the communities at all times.
- Comply with all relevant save the children policies and procedures with respect to Child safeguarding health and safety and other relevant policies
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience And Attributes
- Degree, HND, ND, SSCE in any relevant field
- Experience working in conducting data collection North-eastern Nigeria (Yobe state in particular) will be an advantage
- Familiarity with use of ODK and other online survey data collection tools
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulfulde, Kare-kare, Ngizim)
- Must possess excellent inter-personal relations skills
- Able to communicate effectively in local languages and build strong relationships with people in many different environments.
- Able to work independently
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy
- Previous experience conducting community based data collection
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of local language
- Experience and skills in management of staff
- Understanding of the region dynamics of the conflict
- Experience in working in an insecure environment
- Indigenes and residents of Damaturu, Potiskum, Gujba, Jakusko, Fune and Fika are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: May 12, 2021
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|