JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant to the Registrar / Chief Executive
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
- To assist the Registrar / Chief Executive in the execution of his day-to-day responsibilities.
Duties / Responsibilities
- To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Registrar / CEO, designated Committees and work groups.
- Manage the CEOs diary and arrange meetings. Assist the CEO to organise the workflow and follow up actions delegated by the CEO.
- Handling correspondences: Receive letters, documents, books, emails, phone calls and other correspondences on behalf of the Registrar / Chief Executive.
- Read and analyze incoming letters, memos, submissions, and distribute them as needed.
- Respond to and take action on such correspondences received as required and as may be directed by the Registrar / Chief Executive. Prepare and send appointment letters and emails as may be directed.
- Attending to guests of the Registrar / Chief Executive: Book appointments, screen visitors to the office of the Registrar / Chief Executive.
- Keep a schedule of activities: Maintain a schedule of recurrent and non-recurrent activities of the Institute in order to ensure adequate preparation for events and meetings as well as timely issuance of invitation / notice.
- Maintain list of guests to various events of the Institute in order to ensure that relevant stakeholders are present.
- Support the Registrar / Chief Executive in managing courtesy visits in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Proper filing and storage of documents: Ensure safekeeping of documents in their respective files for easy identification and retrieval.
- Report / speech / minutes writing: Prepare a draft of the Registrar / Chief Executive’s report to EXCO and Council.
- Prepare the Registrar / Chief Executive’s speech for other activities of the Institute including membership induction, Annual General Meeting and Fellowship Conferment Ceremony.
- Act as Secretary to the Body of Past Presidents (BPP).
- Prepare the minutes of BPP meetings and draft its report to Council where required. Prepare other reports and act as secretary to other meetings as may be required by the Registrar / Chief Executive.
- Document review: Support the Registrar/Chief Executive with the review of agreements, contracts, Memoranda of Understanding, publications etc.
- Preparation of payment requests: Prepare requests for payment of transport reimbursable expenses for representatives of the Institute at events. Draw up requests for other payments in line with council’s policy.
- Perform incidental tasks: Print letters, documents and materials as may be required. Make photocopies and scan documents from time to time.
- Interface with other relevant departments for the implementation of council decisions as directed by the Registrar / Chief Executive from time to time.
- Experience with handling correspondences, drafting and providing administrative support.
- Carrying out specific projects and research as they relate to the responsibilities of the Registrar / Chief Executive;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings on important engagements of the Registrar / Chief Executive;
- Devising and maintaining office systems and processes, including data management, filing, etc.
Qualification / Education
- First Degree in Law, Secretarial Administration and related disciplines.
- Minimum 3 – 7 years cognate experience in a similar position and industry.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of the activities and events of the Institute.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skill.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep a diary of events / activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Record keeping.
- Corporate administrative skills.
- Minutes writing skill
- Report writing skill
- Corporate secretarial skills
- Research skills
- Editorial skills
- Knowledge of law of contract
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Knowledge of Council’s policy directives.
- Ability to keep abreast of the Institute’s representatives at events.
- Ability to use office equipment e.g. printer, scanner, photocopier etc.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to handle administrative tasks.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for practical assessment and interview accordingly.
Deadline: November 30, 2021
|Job Category||Executive / Management|