JOB TITLE: Executive Chef
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- Ensure compliance with the approved inventory and stock management procedure i.e. inventory list, storage requirements, monthly stock reporting, and sign-off on requisition forms.
- Conduct regular stock audits and establish controls to minimize food and supply wastage and theft.
- Evaluate food products to be sure quality standards are met.
- Research on local and international dishes for inspiration in menu creation.
- Create / update menus bi-annually, for approval
- Advice on and standardizing menu portions.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation for consistency.
- Streamline the food preparation process by maximizing the use of available kitchen equipment/resources
- To avoid a breakdown in operations, create a checklist for the regular, weekly, or monthly servicing of kitchen equipment e.g. ovens, refrigerators, coffee machines, deep fryers, dishwashers, etc.
- Ensure the kitchen is cleaned and sanitized at least twice weekly
- Ensure the kitchen is sufficiently staffed and all job roles are clearly defined and adequately covered.
- Manage staff scheduling, keep track of shifts, especially on special days/occasions and in-house events to ensure the workflow is undisturbed.
- Ensure all key functions are covered in every shift
- Train kitchen staff to adhere to all safety, sanitation, food
- preparation, food storage, and beverage control policies
- Cook and directly supervise food preparations; ensure they are done following best practices.
- Make sure food items are stored in an orderly manner and under the proper conditions to avoid contamination and wastage.
- The kitchen area and dining space should be pest-free, hence, ensure regular pest control methods are undertaken.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
Competency / Skill / Requirements
- Interested candidates should possess a B.Sc / HND in relevant fields
- 10 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Culinary expertise
- Applicants must reside around V.I and its environs.
- Conversant with the health and safety requirements of a kitchen.
- A deep understanding of ingredients.
- Knowledge and experience in menu planning and portion control
- Attention to details
- Supervisory and organizational skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Deadline: November 20, 2021
|Job Category||Pastry Chef|