JOB TITLE: Executive Director, Chief Operations and Information Officer
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
- Oversee the Bank’s information technology department. Streamline and evaluate its operations through the implementation of relevant technologies and the development of systems that will increase customer satisfaction and help the Bank achieve its goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction towards the Bank’s collective efforts to increase operational excellence and customer service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the IT Steering Committee and provide vision and direction for establishing and implementing information technology projects
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to help the Bank accomplish its goals by encouraging innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, implementation, and management of current and future IT resources and systems
- Oversee the assessment of all policies and procedures governing banking operations, ensuring that they are appropriately stated and aligned with industry best practices.
- Direct project management activities within the Bank and develop business case justifications and cost-benefit analysis for IT investments and initiatives.
- Approve, prioritize, and manage projects and the project portfolio as they relate to major information system selection, acquisition, development, and installation
- Outline and communicate corporate plans, policies and standards for the Bank when acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems
- Maintain security requirements that are appropriate for the size and complexity of the Bank.
- Ensure that data confidentiality, integrity and availability (business continuity planning), vendor, and IT management all meet legal and regulatory standards
- Ensure high-quality, consistent computer repair and maintenance for all computer systems used throughout the Bank, as well as provide training to employees as needed
- Oversee operational management of the Bank’s entire scope of services, as well as the delivery of transaction and management reporting processes
- Define and review business team performance metrics, as well as conduct periodic evaluations of target market studies and opportunities
- Manage the service demand’s scope, including load balancing across functions and capacity adjustments due to new business and closure of existing business
- Facilitate/ or present to the Board of Directors monthly on company performance evaluation reports.
- Maintain and establish relationships with key customers and stakeholders, ensuring that their demands are met
Key Performance Measures
- Quality of business processes, policies and system development and implementation
- Number of higher value-added services developed and implemented
- Number of new information technology initiatives developed and implemented
- Service satisfaction bank-wide
- Customer satisfaction levels (internal & external)
- Adherence to the Bank’s ethics and corporate governance policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or a related field
- Master’s degree is an advantage
- Minimum of twenty (20) years’ proven record working in working in a financial services environment
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ leadership experience with a strong and progressive track record of exceptional service delivery.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge of the systems and procedures which underlay the Bank’s budgeting and financial information systems
- Detailed understanding of Risk, Credit analysis and Principles of Lending and Credit Operations
- Knowledge of basic banking operations /product knowledge and services
- Strong leadership, people management and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent communication skills (report and presentation skills)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop new processes and reports
- Performance Management skills
- Proficiency in computer usage and related skills
- Excellent credit analysis & appraisal skills.
Deadline: September 30, 2021
|Job Category||Administration/ Office/ Operations|