JOB TITLE: Facilities Manager
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- Will be responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, and functionality of their buildings by conducting proactive and reactive maintenance.
- The Facilities Manager will also ensure that the facilities meet legal requirements and health and safety standards.
- Supervise and organize all engineering activities.
- Perform quality control checks, ensuring the safety and effectiveness or reliability of the facility equipment
- Organize preventive/corrective maintenance facilities and equipment, critical and non-critical alike.
- Prepare Annual Maintenance Plans
- Notify executive management of any needed changes and deviations in the maintenance plan and get approvals on adjustments that need to be made.
- Prepare maintenance budgets on a monthly basis and ensure there is timely approval to mitigate unneeded breakdown
- Protect and improve the value of the organization’s assets and ensure that buildings, machinery, and systems meet or exceed their expected life cycle.
- Follow and maintain the site-specific preventive maintenance and work order program.
- Coordinate the in-house engineering team for regular repairs of any damaged equipment
- Ensure the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building.
- Organize administrative functions related to site operations, such as work orders and maintenance activities, budgets, ordering supplies, etc.
- Oversee janitorial, cleaning and gardening.
- Conduct proactive, plumbing, carpentering, painting, and swimming pool maintenance works
- Oversee the routine cleaning of sewage systems, ensure the health and safety protocols are observed thoroughly
- Work with the outsourced refuse disposal companies to ensure that all refuse is routinely emptied
- Scheduling both internal and external fumigation of the facilities.
- Supervise the maintenance of all generators.
- Schedule the washing of the diesel tank.
- Prepare comprehensive weekly plans for all scheduled jobs and allocate manpower as required.
- Ensure outsourced projects are properly supervised and signed off as completed.
- Ensure in-house projects are executed in line with approved plans and best practices.
- Monitor usage, servicing, and maintenance of fire extinguishers, firefighting equipment, and alarm systems.
- Train staff on emergency procedures e.g. step by step use of fire extinguishers
- Encourage and foster a team-oriented environment through positive feedback.
- Develop power consumption plans and monitor implementation
- Work closely on all required parties to minimize power outages to the facility
- Explore alternate sources of power
Competency / Skill / Requirements
- University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) field a Must; MSc will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- At least 5 – 8 years of general facilities management experience in a large facility or hotel.
- Between 35-40 years of age.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must reside around VI and its environs.
- Good communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Able to understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the building systems and equipment.
Deadline: November 20, 2021