JOB TITLE: Female Early Years Foundation Stage 2 (Reception) / Key Stage 1 Teacher
JOB LOCATION: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to join our staff team. Our goal is to provide outstanding education and life changing opportunities for all our children.
- We want to be recognised for academic excellence and having a reputation for giving pupils the critical skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in education, employment and life. To join our team therefore, you will need a good understanding of your role within a school and your willingness to actively embrace this will be essential.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English Language/Primary Education gained from a reputable Institution, plus a Post Graduate qualification in the same or related field.
- Knowledge and experience of teaching reading and writing through the use of systematic synthetic phonics
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nelson Handwriting scheme is an added advantage
- Have minimum of 3years verifiable teaching experience in a similar role
- Candidate must reside in Ibadan and be able to commute to Jericho, Ibadan
- Have high expectations of all children and the ability to inspire and motivate learners
- To have the ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships and contribute positively to the team and general school life
- Ability to set high standards and provide role modelling for staff and pupils
- Have high expectations for behaviour, attainment and progress
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Be a strong classroom practitioner with clear and thorough knowledge and understanding of the British Curriculum and its application
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge of the Primary Curriculum and its application
- Have understanding of the importance of pupil tracking and progress
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Be able to effectively use a variety of teaching and organisational styles and resources including ICT
- Be enthusiastic, innovative, creative and dynamic in providing exciting and engaging learning experiences through well structured lessons that meet the needs of all learners
- Be able to produce stimulating and enabling learning environment that promotes confidence and independence in learners
- To complement your qualification and experience, you will come with patience, good sense of humour, enthusiasm and great stamina to keep up with the needs and energy of young, lively children.
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, art and crafts are a must
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have an effective classroom management and evidence of outstanding teaching skills
- Be able to nurture and develop the pupils’ love of education through your own passion for teaching; being a life-long learner and seeking to communicate a genuine love of learning through your disposition
- Have an appreciation of the importance of safeguarding in educational settings
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Interested candidates MUST demonstrate Primary Education teaching and experience of the British National Curriculum on their CV and cover letter
- Do not respond to this advert if you do not meet the requirements listed above
Deadline: August 20, 2021
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|