Job Title: Field Service Specialist (Mechanical)
- We are actively searching for a Field Service Specialist (Mechanical) experienced with servicing various types of rotating equipment to provide the following services: installation, commissioning, start-up, system troubleshooting, vibration analysis, testing, field repairs and training.
- He/she will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under minimal supervision, serve as lead to assigned customers; complete troubleshooting, on-site inspections, installation, start-up, commissioning, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on designated rotating equipment’s.
- Repair, maintain, and install OEM partner product line (s)
- May assist and/or train newer Field Engineers
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with our customers by acting as a trusted advisor and resource during on site activities.
- Responsible for the development of preventative maintenance schedules and procedures
- Complete formal technical field reports, time sheets, JSAs & expense reports for each field assignment
- Supervise/coordinate sub-contractors and customer personnel as required
- Provide daily communication to the Operations Manager on any issues that arise on site.
- Report potential business opportunities to the Operations Manager
- Maintain compliance with all established Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures; conduct on-site safety meetings as required by the Customer and TPG.
- Other duties as assigned
Job & Man Specifications (Education/Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Required Details)
Education & Experience:
- OND/HND or First degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering fields
- Related OEM certifications (e.g. GE, Siemens, CAT, Ariel Compressor)
- Relevant professional memberships/certification from a recognized body (NSE, COREN etc)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in oil & gas and power sector
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a field operation and technical maintenance role
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required
- Strong computer skills including use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience collaborating with internal team members and external customers.
- Engineering & Operations
- Asset Management
- Project Management including time management, job forecasting & scheduling
- Business Development
- Safety and Quality Management
- Vendor Management
Skills / Physical Competencies:
- Diversity management
- Good communication skills including report writing skills
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills – ability to cross-train others
- Leadership & Management skills
- Integrity and Fairness
- Consistent and Resilient
- Independent and Adaptable
- Emotional Intelligence
Quality / Technical Competencies:
- Competence in different compressor packages – OEM Certification is an advantage
- Competence level in different gas engine packages – OEM Certification is an advantage
- Competence level in gas turbine – OEM certification is an advantage
- Competence level in pumps – OEM certification is an advantage
- Competence in rotating equipment course
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|
|Deadline||30th November, 2019.|