RTI International is recruiting candidates for a Finance Assistant.
JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
- The Finance Assistant is responsible for the day to day accounting function of the Project.
- She / he will be utilizing the appropriate accounting system and following proper accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds.
- Process payments for staff travel advances, ensuring advances are liquidated on time and accurately
- Prepare payment vouchers in support of payments for project activities and suppliers invoices confirming such payments are in accordance with the laid down procedures and policies, accurate, complete, adequately supported by all underlying appropriate documents, correctly coded to appropriate expenses and tracking code and project code
- Provide support in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package for the project
- Maintain petty cash and making petty cash payments
- Make payments to workshop participants (including travel and meals refunds) as designated by the supervisor
- Process checks for suppliers and employees
- Keep track of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking and record keeping
- Support QuickBooks data entry
- Ensure adequate filing of finance documents
- Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related fields and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office- Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: [email protected] On the subject LINE of your email you should only put the Position title (no other text should be on this subject line).
Important Information / Notice
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|
|Deadline||21st March, 2020.|