American University of Nigeria (AUN) is recruiting candidates for a Finance Manager.
JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri or Yola
- The Finance Manager will Provide overall management of the financial of the project. H/she will work to create a finance division that is conducive to and facilitates the accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the project.
- Review financial documents to ensure proper allocation before submission to the PD, AGC and/or Finance Director.
- Submit timely requisitions of funds to Yola Head Office to ensure uninterrupted flow of funds to implement programme activities.
- Provide advice in the preparation of technical programme budgets and ensure that tracking of programme expenses takes place accordingly.
- Assist the PD in the preparation of monthly and ad hoc financial, budget or accounting reports.
- Oversees closing of the monthly accounts and ensure timely submission to Yola Head office and/or Donor.
- Review the State Offices’ monthly accounts before processing them on Accounting software used.
- Approve all Petty Cash vouchers for processing.
- Ensuring cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the project;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the
- University degree in Finance, Management, Administration or related degree.
- Minimum of 5-7 years working experience in finance and administration, preferably with international projects development NGO.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing) and Fluent in Local language(s).
- High reporting skills (excellent writing skills)
- Strong ability to multi-tasks and work independently, attention to details.
- Previous experience with INGO and knowledge of financial software.
- Extensive financial, budget and Grants experience.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|
|Deadline||26th May, 2020.|