Finance Officer needed at Jesuit Refugee Services LTD/GT.
JOB TITLE: Finance Officer
JOB LOCATION: Taraba
Supervisor: Project Director
Provide effective financial and accounting support to JRS and report to the National Finance Coordinator and the Project Director, manage various financial and accounting systems, processes and procedures while adhering to all financial policies as well as good accounting practices.
Assist with audit preparation, auditor reviews and implementation of recommendations as directed.
Lead budget development, account balance management, tax remittance, tax return compilation and activity budget reviews.
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Preparing and maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts.
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
- Obtain approvals from the National Finance Coordinator, Project Director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
- Assist with or lead bank reconciliations, petty cash management, voucher compilation and upload and cost projections.
- Assist and/or lead budget development, account balance management, tax remittance, tax return compilation and activity budget reviews.
- Ensure proper documentation reviews of all payment requests and vouchers, proper filing and completeness of field voucher files.
- Review transactions for cost reasonableness, allowability and allocability.
- Make recommendations to improve payment request reviews, financial controls and policies, and workflow processes.
- Assist with audit preparation, auditor reviews and implementation of recommendations as directed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Have a University Degree in any of the following areas Accounting, Business Management, Finance or related discipline.
Experience and Skills
- Have at least a minimum of Five (5) years of progressively verifiable experience in a grants finance role preferably in a large or international NGO.
- Experience in developing sophisticated financial tracking and reporting systems.
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Knowledge and Experience in Financial analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Works effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Good time management and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Fluent English skills (written and verbal).
- Working Knowledge of local language (Hausa) would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
Deadline: September 22, 2020
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|