JOB TITLE: FSL Field Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: E1-3 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible
- In light of the displacement in the northeastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Monguno to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for a Field Assistant to support its mission in Borno State.
- Assist during all the process of Cash Based Transfer (CBT) redemptions
- Monitor the activity of vendors during redemptions and supervise shop monitors
- Assist in mobilizing the communities for the realization of all project / program activities
- Disseminating and sharing information with Persons of Concern on their rights and access to services
- Assist in mobilizing the IDP community and affected host population and facilitate awareness raising activities with other partner organizations, disseminating information about services available for IDPs and affected host communities
- At Field level keep good relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders
- Assist in maintaining excel database to ensure that statistics and other reports are produced on a timely basis
- Liaise, establish a good working relationship with all humanitarian actors, community leaders and IDPs in the IDP settlements and host communities to encourage participation in, support for and a better understanding of the program activities
- Assist in preparing and conducting Post Distribution Meetings in the intervention areas
- Assist in individually and collectively identify the strengths and weaknesses of Project management Committees (PMCs) committees and propose appropriate solutions.
- Prepare daily distribution reports
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans & reports to Food Security Officer
- Provide the Food Security project manager relevant documents, and channel issues related to project implementation appropriately
- Communicate, exchange information and co-operate with relevant internal reporting lines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher Diploma of Public health or University Degree in Social Sciences
- One-year Work experience with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and/or displaced population is a very strong asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries, duty bearers and other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Strong ability to work in a variety of environments and in remote locations without communication or amenities
- Remains productive when under pressure with ability to prioritise effectively, and respects and adheres to deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email application software
- Languages: Fluent in English and have a sound knowledge of the local languages spoken in Monguno.
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and telephone no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
Deadline: June 14, 2021