JOB TITLE: FSL Officer
JOB LOCATION: Katsina
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: D2-1 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
- The FSL Officer is under the operational guidance of the Project Manager and technical guidance of the FSL Technical Consultant
- He / she is responsible for ensuring proper implementation of ACTED’s FSL projects in Katsina and will act as a direct link between the project team and the beneficiaries
- The FSL Officer will have proven expertise in food security and livelihoods programming as they relate to agricultural land practices and will have had experience working specifically in arid locations.
- The Officer will oversee field operations and will take the lead in all FSL project activities
- The Officer will ensure effective and timely completion of activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries with efficient reporting
- The FSL Officer will supervise the national project staff in day-to-day management of all aspects of the FSL activities, under the supervision of the FSL Project Manager and technical guidance from the FSL Consultant
- The FSL Officer will engage with the beneficiaries on a day-to day basis to ensure that their needs regarding project implementation are met
- The FSL Officer will be a key member of the team who will contribute to the success of the project, using his/her expertise in FSL to ensure this happens for the direct benefit of the beneficiaries.
- To ensure the FSL components of the project are implemented in a way which is in line with project requirements, as well as ensuring the beneficiaries have a firm grasp of the FSL concepts, which are key to the success of the project. Working and engaging directly with the beneficiaries is seen as key to the success of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Under the supervision of the FSL Project Manager and technical advice from the FSL Consultant, the FSL Officer will manage the implementation of the FSL components of the project on the ground in Katsina and will ensure that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during implementation
- Organize regular meetings with the project team, updating them with insights from the beneficiaries on project implementation
- Providing input to the project team on possible ways to improve implementation of the project activities for the benefit of the beneficiaries
- Ensure project implementation is timely
- Ensure that the FSL components of the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation.
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve the beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Assess the FSL activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development
- Identify and analyse gaps, ACTED’s added value, synergies and opportunities in the areas the project(s) is / are implemented and pass relevant information to the N+1.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s Degree, High National Diploma, National Diploma or Ordinary Diploma preferably in Agricultural Extension, Agronomy, General Agriculture, Crop Science sciences, Development studies or other related discipline
- Experience in Agricultural Extension Services is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in FSL
- Languages: Ability to speak local dialects is mandatory (Hausa Language)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, ethics and respect for aid recipients at all times
- Ability to engage with community members, partners, government and other stakeholders in a respectful manner (essential)
- Experience with participatory fieldwork, methodologies, monitoring and reporting
- Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams
- Efficient and responsible, with good personal accountability
- Initiative, flexibility, team spirit, willingness to learn, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work under time pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Computer literate (IT) and good level of numeracy.
Deadline: May 27, 2021