FT Nutrition Officer, P2 is needed at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
JOB TITLE: FT Nutrition Officer, P2
Job Number: 531523
Work Type: Fixed Term Appointment
And we never give up.
- The Nutrition Officer reports to the Chief of Nutrition for supervision. The Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the nutrition programs/projects within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, and program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting of results.
Support to program development and planning:
- Conduct/update situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of nutrition related programs/projects. Research and report on development trends (e.g. political social, economic, nutrition, health) for higher management use to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through analysis of nutrition needs and areas for intervention and submission of recommendations for priority and goal setting.
- A University Degree or higher in Nutrition, Public Health, Nutritional Epidemiology, Global/International Health and Nutrition, Health/Nutrition Research, Policy and/or Management, Health Sciences, Nutritional Epidemiology or other health related science field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care at the international level and/or in a developing country is required. Experience in health/nutrition program/project development in UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||20th May, 2020.|