JOB TITLE: Fund Manager, RSA Funds
JOB LOCATION: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Financial Services
- The Fund Manager RSA is a senior Investment Manager who will provide leadership and strategic direction including development and compliance with the investment strategy, asset allocation, processes, policies and guidelines.
- The role holder will stay abreast of industry trends and will provide insight and recommendations to the Investment Committee regarding new strategies, concepts and applications.
- Maximise investment value by managing the portfolios within the framework of the overall portfolio strategy and objectives.
- The role holder will assist in the new business development on a regular basis as well as analytical support in preparation of annual budgets, evaluation of variance and trends in achieving budgeted income.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Develop and implement the broad investment strategy:
- Monitoring global macro events and assessing implications on markets and client portfolios assigned under team.
- Ensuring disciplined implementation of well-defined investment views and rational strategy.
- Ensure assigned team portfolios are managed according to specific client investment objectives and constraints.
- Monitor and ensure implementation of generated and evaluated ideas in maximizing clients’ portfolio performance.
- Interface with strategy teams and research groups to understand and implement internal recommendations.
Portfolio Construction and implementation of strategic investment policies:
- Ensure asset allocation strategy within investment portfolios aligns with broad internal asset allocation strategy
- Consistently monitor the execution of the investment process whilst ensuring portfolio construction is aligned with the process and asset allocation outlook provided by the strategy teams.
- Lead and mentor members of the investment team and help ensure a productive allocation of the team’s resources.
- Manage or co-manage the tactical strategies agreed on portfolios from time to time.
- Coordinate inputs on investment mandates and strategies.
Evaluation of all relevant investment research to ensure portfolio decisions follow Internal investment policy and risk framework:
- Ensure disciplined and industry accepted process is followed in determining valuations of investment securities in client portfolios.
- Responsible for team articulation of current economic and market views, outlook, portfolio positioning and construction
- Responsible for ensuring changing market dynamics are properly monitored and included in strategic and tactical strategies.
- Provide broad analytical and fundamental investment support to the team regarding well researched opportunities.
Articulation of effective coordination of investment communication with internal and external clients:
- Articulate structure of presentation materials that provides information to clients for their understanding of the investment strategy and returns on their portfolios
- Ensure the portfolio is structured to meet the ever changing objectives and needs of clients.
- Collaborate with business development teams to provide analysis and proposals to gain new business.
- Participate in client and prospect presentations on a regular basis
- Contribute to quarterly investment commentary and provide ongoing communication both internally and externally as it relates to investment strategy
- Develop and lead corporate culture in a positive manner and have input into the strategic direction of the company
Monitor the income and performance benchmarks on the fund against the budget:
- Track the income generated across all funds against the budgeted income. Evaluate the variance and trends in achieving the budgeted income.
- Ensure that all investment decisions made on the Fund enhance the return.
- Track the performance of the Funds against the benchmark and the annual target returns and ensure the team is aligned with the objective to outperform the performance metrics and inflation.
Enhance open investment ideation and communication:
- Promote an open communication culture amongst team members and the Head Investments.
- Provide direction to team members on all cascaded business objectives.
- Eliminate key man risk by building capacity and knowledge amongst team members
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. in Finance, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Economics and other related fields
- Master’s Degree or relevant professional qualification. A first-level university degree in combination with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- Wealth Management
|Job Category||Finance Officer - Receivables|