Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is recruiting candidates for a GBV Case Worker.
JOB TITLE: GBV Case Worker
JOB LOCATION: (Ngala / Monguno / Dikwa / Pulka), Borno
- Facilitate a process for women to have a safe space where they can meet and discuss issues relating to their wellbeing.
- Create and maintain a positive and fruitful relationship with women who use the safe space and with the general community in which the safe space is based.
- Identify, train and support GBV outreach Workers and volunteers to undertake effective outreach work, referrals, signposting and follow-ups for women in need of assistance.
- Supervise the work of the outreach workers and conduct regular feedback and debriefing sessions to facilitate their work in close collaboration with the GBV officer.
- Formulate appropriate responses to individual cases according to the acceptable standards and in the best interests of the individual.
- Make use of other services and referral mechanisms as appropriate and according to the requests of individual/ family.
- Coordinate and conduct community education and awareness-raising activities in conjunction with the GBV outreach workers and volunteers with support from the GBV officer.
- In conjunction with the GBV Officer, facilitate the development and implementation of community action plans to prevent and respond to GBV.
- Conduct outreach activities to encourage women and girls to seek health care and other services.
- Ensure that a psychosocial approach/perspective is employed in all work activities and decisions and that these reflect the priorities and best interests of women and girls been assisted.
- Organize and implement activities in the safe space that women have agreed on and been involved in including, but not limited to, training, information sessions, skills building, and group activities.
- Work with other team member members in the community to help women become involved in literacy classes, income generation, and other activities.
- Establish regular coordination and liaison with community leaders, NGOs, service providers, and local organizations, etc.
- Submit program reports using the GBVIMS and other tools as necessary and requested.
- Participate in meetings and work as part of a team.
- Ensure that all program activities create a neutral and supportive environment for women and girls
- Ensure strict adherence to the NCA/ACT code of conduct
- Assist in the formation and facilitation of women-only VSLA groups in based location.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- University Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Public Health or equivalence is a requirement.
- Previous social work experience or experience working with women and girls affected by conflict required.
- Experience in GBVIMS, case management an advantage
- Good training and facilitation skills necessary
- Knowledge of health and first – aid beneficial
- Fluency in English, Hausa, Kanuri a must plus any other languages (Shuwa) in Northeast/Borno an advantage
- Knowledge of Word and Excel programs preferred
- Willing to stay and work remote locations, field.
- Flexible and can adapt to the prevailing environment.
- Computer literate especially MS Word, MS Excel database and powerpoint. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards, and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook.
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Cover Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of the advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
|Deadline||12th December, 2019.|