Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is recruiting candidates for a GBV Outreach Worker.
JOB TITLE: GBV Outreach Worker
JOB LOCATION: Ngala/Monguno/Dikwa/Pulka
- Assist in the establishment of the women’s and girls’ safe spaces in the identified camp/location.
- Create and maintain a positive and fruitful relationship with women, girls and the general community.
- Carry out community sensitization, awareness-raising and education activities in the camps, and other locations in the communities based
- Facilitate supports to women and girls who visit and may want to visit the safe spaces to access services and other supports.
- Engage men and boys on GBV prevention-related activities
- Provide referrals to vulnerable women, girls, and especially GBV survivors to access services available in the community and at the safe spaces.
- Closely work with the caseworkers, GBV officer in the formation of the Adolescent girls’ group with consultation and engagement with their parents.
- Carry out weekly adolescent girls’ sessions as agreed
- Carryout the economic empowerment activities as agreed and especially the VSLA for women and girls.
- Plan and implement agreed on project activities with support from a supervisor
- Conduct outreach activities to encourage women and girls to seek health care and other services.
- Ensure that a psychosocial approach/perspective is employed in all work activities and decisions and that these reflect the priorities and best interests of women and girls been assisted.
- Establish regular coordination and liaison with community leaders, NGOs, service providers, and local organizations especially at the reception centers/transit centers, etc.
- Ensure that all program activities create a neutral and supportive environment for women and girls
- Ensure strict adherence to the NCA/ACT code of conduct
- Assist in the formation and facilitation of women-only VSLA groups in based location.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- University Degree in Community/Rural Development/Education, Social Sciences, or equivalent is a requirement.
- Previous social work and or community engagement work experience or experience working with women and girls and communities affected by conflict required.
- Good training, communication and facilitation skills necessary
- Fluency in English, Hausa, Kanuri plus other Languages in NE Nigeria an advantage
- Knowledge of Word and Excel programs preferred
- Willing to stay and work remote locations, field.
- Flexible and can adapt to the prevailing environment.
- Computer literate especially MS-Word, MS-Excel database, and powerpoint. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards, and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Cover Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of the advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
|Deadline||12:00noon; 12th December, 2019.|