JOB TITLE: Gender Consultant
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
- The ‘Preparing for Reintegration and Enabling People Centered Approaches to REDucing Violence Extremism Across Nigeria’s Northern Geopolitical Zones (PREPARED)’ project is strategically investing resources into creating a comprehensive and actionable toolset on DDR/ SPRR and PVE for diverse stakeholders to operationalize at the country level in Nigeria, with subsequent potential for replication and scale up across the region.
Goal and Objectives of Study
- Search seeks a consultant to validate the toolkit taking gender and youth considerations in the toolkit.
- To determine how gender consideration is streamlined into the toolkit to strengthen youth- and women-centered approaches to meet their respective needs and empower their role within PVE and DDR/SPRR efforts to develop a toolkit for PVE and reintegration across Nigeria’s northern geopolitical zones.
- To validate the conflict dynamics in the project target areas, how women/men and youth are affected by those dynamics, and what does this mean for DDR/SPRR and PVE programming?
- To validate women perspectives on PVE and reintegration needs across northern geopolitical zones.
- To validate how targeted youth perspectives on PVE and reintegration needs across northern geopolitical zones, with specific interest in female youth are well captured in the national PVE toolkit
Key Questions of the Study:
- What perspectives on DDR/SPRR and PVE do women have? What are their reintegration needs across northern geopolitical zones? How best can these be met in conflict-sensitive and sustainable ways?
- What perspectives on DDR/SPRR and PVE do youth have? What are their reintegration needs across northern geopolitical zones? How best can these be met in conflict-sensitive and sustainable ways?
- The consultant will be working remotely with possibilities of traveling for validation exercise at the communities, state (northeast, northcentral and northwest) and national locations.
- An inception report detailing the methodology of gender validation components.
- A draft validation activity report in English, for review by Search staff and partners;
- A final Validation report in English (20 pages max in length, excluding appendices) consistent with Search branding and standards for evaluation.
- Participate in all Validation Processes and post-assessment with all relevant feedback from stakeholders considering gender mainstreaming.
- The consultancy period will be from September to November, 2021, with final deliverables due by latest November 30th, 2021.
Requirements of Consultant
The following skills and experience are expected by Search for the validator of this project:
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken);
- More than 5 years of experience in the field of GBV.
- Experience in conflict analysis and expertise in doing research on GBV;
- Experience in evaluating/validating programs relating to women and youth development and peacebuilding.
- Experience working with international organizations;
- Familiarity and experience with contextual challenges in the geographic location(s) where the study will take place.
Application Closing Date
Interested candidates (individuals or teams) are requested to submit the following two documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A technical proposal proposinga methodology for the validation exercise together with a financial proposal for the completion of the aforementioned deliverables and a short cover letter.
- Only one document can be submitted, The technical, financial proposal, short cover letter and CV should all merge in one pdf and upload.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
|Job Category||Consulting / Business Strategy/ Planning|