Job Title: General Manager, Device, Data & Partnership
- Accountable for the creation and implementation of MTNN’s data and device strategy and ensure alignment to overall Group Data and Device Strategy.
- Drive an increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Data & Devices processes are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions). Specifically, drive the smartphone data strategy and ensure ROI
- Build financial leverage such that MTNN generates increasing revenue/profit with reducing incremental cost through:
- Sponsorship of the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Support for initiatives that will ensure cost savings and reduction to drive EBITDA growth for the organization.
- Implementation of a long term roadmap of customer-centric propositions that drive customer value by removing frustration and friction that curtail adoption using the following levers:
- Data-driven offers informed by Market Research and Business Intelligence and delivered through Customer value management methodology
- Offline distribution opportunities with Sales
- Planned strategy for successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Provide input to strategic pricing guidelines, modelling tools and processes to enable decision making around device and device bundles
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners and suppliers and work closely with CVM and Pricing teams to develop GTM plans
- Drive development and maintenance of operational/financial metrics and establish support models required to achieve them.
- Develop Device proposition business plan input and Create a comprehensive data-lifestyle device acquisition roadmap by:
- Keep abreast of technology and platform trends
- Be aware of and interact with OTT players and incubator programs related to app development
- Keep abreast of current and future wearables/accessory roadmaps.
- Use regional operations to leverage initiatives to drive business growth, branded experience and local / community connections / affinity with MTN.
- Review internal and external environment including competition and develop a comprehensive strategy for data & devices considering the most effective and efficient ways in developing, launching and sustaining related products.
- Build partnerships with key OEM’s, OTT players, Platform players, App developers and develop partnerships with device distributors in market.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
- Minimum 12 years’ work experience which includes:
- Senior management track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven experience in product management, customer management, marketing management, market research, sales, project management and channel management
- Experience in cross-departmental, cross-level collaboration towards common business goals
- Be very adept at service design i.e. synthesizing various technologies and capabilities into the business’s that customers love
- Strong analytical capability
- Strong orientation towards decision making and action.
- BA, B.Eng, B.Tech or B.Sc
Deadline: August 5, 2021