Job Title: General Manager, Drilling & Completion
The Ideal Candidate
- The Ideal candidate must have good knowledge of Operational and Technical Practices in an E&P company.
- He is expected have an in-depth knowledge of offshore / swamp drilling, completion, production engineering, optimization of field production and development planning.
- The candidate must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment, and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company and have great networking experience in the Nigeria and global drilling spheres.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage the overall implementation of Company’s drilling and well completion operations and plans,
- Provide technical expertise to troubleshoot major drilling and completion challenges.
- Coordinate all drilling and completion activities, ensuring that design and well activities are optimized.
- Steer resource planning to ensure activities are executed within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Coordinate the preparation of testing/completion programs, including equipment specification and selection as well as flow assurance modelling, and stress analysis etc. for planned jobs.
- Provide continuous drilling rigs forward activities forecast and requirements as related to drilling and well completions.
- Prepare short and medium term revenue forecasts based on projected completion activities for each fiscal year.
- Manage Company’s HSSE policy and procedure as related to drilling and well completions.
- Responsible for directing the execution of appropriate procedures for well drilling projects.
- Prepare cost estimates and controls for drilling and completion activities.
- Must be capable of applying operational, engineering and management principles to resolve problems, including optimizing drilling, completion, work-over, supply chain, logistics, planning and scheduling activities.
- Provide immediate and effective solutions for operational continuity, equipment malfunctions and other onsite problems.
- Must have experience in field development plans, execution and management.
- Liaise with project partners, such as geoscientists and drilling contractors etc.. in order to keep up-to-date on all developments that may have an impact on drilling and well completion activities.
- Ensuring that drilling and well completion operations comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, with respect to health, security and safety and emergency procedures.
- Must have a proven ability to plan / lead projects and must be able to work under pressure.
- Shall have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to work in multidisciplinary and multi-tasking teams.
- Must be result oriented and committed to company goals.
- Shall be capable of representing the company with regulatory and government agencies.
- Must not be more than 55 years of age.
Qualifications And Required Competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a core Engineering discipline.
- A Master’s degree or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must have worked in a Senior Supervisory or Managerial position for at least 15 years in a reputable E&P company and overall E&P experience of not less than 20 year with a proven track record of operations management.
- An in-depth knowledge of technical and operational practices and principles of drilling, completion and work-over processes and development planning.
- Must have working knowledge of commonly used and relevant drilling, operations and production management software.
- Ability to prepare work schedules and comprehensive drilling plans to meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Shall be capable of working seamlessly with geoscience, production and reservoir groups in executing drilling/operations engineering solutions.
- Must be capable of providing commercial solutions that deliver optimum hydrocarbon value chain.
Remuneration is very attractive and highly competitive within the industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] with position applied for as subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: February 2, 2021
|Job Category||Oil & Gas / Energy|