Job Title: Generator Maintenance Engineer
Job Location: Surulere, Lagos
To take primary responsibility for the maintenance of all company gensets and vehicles in good working order.
Take ownership of all the gensets and trucks in the fleet:
- Carry out an initial assessment of assets and present condition report to MD
- Recommend and carry out /oversee repairs as required
- Create & maintain a log for signing gensets in / out from jobs certifying condition before next job
- Ensure gensets have a maximum “uptime” and availability for work by keeping close control over-servicing, repairs, adjustments (screws, bolts belts, battery terminals, doors, exhausts, etc), and top-op (of lubricant, grease, coolant, etc)
Carry out daily inspection of gensets & trucks and oversee daily “warming”:
- Carry out adjustments as required (belts, screw/bolts, terminals, etc.)
- Debrief field technicians following usage of each genset to discover any issues or incidents
- Remove from service any asset found to be defective and commence immediate repair
Planned & Reactive Maintenance:
- Ensure all gensets are serviced every 200hrs (max 240) intervals
- Keeping separate service & repair records of each generator/truck
- Maintain a spare parts inventory and handle parts orders in conjunction with the accountant
- Keep accurate records of all testing, checks, observations as required
- Attend to machine breakdowns and solve/diagnose any mechanical/electrical failures
Whilst all the above duties will require team-working with the Logistics Officer and field engineers at all times, however, the prime responsibility for asset condition remains with the maintenance engineer.
- Undertake all duties safely and in accordance with Company Health & Safety and best practice
- Provide accurate information and regular progress updates as required by management
- Carry out various other activities towards the furtherance of Rapid Rentals / Rapid Facilities Group’s business and brand.
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Qualified (City and Guilds or HND or equivalent) service engineer capable of working on generators up to 1000KVA
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in fault-finding and servicing of Cummins diesel engines and generator sets.
- Professionally trained in Mechanical engineering, power electronics systems, mechatronic engineering.
- Expert knowledge of Deep sea control systems
- Technical understanding of synchronised control systems
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills with a flexible, adaptable approach to working.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure without supervision and as a team.
- Ability to interact well with superiors, customers, and colleagues professionally.
- Ability to drive.
- Seeing the Big Picture,
- Collaborating and Partnering,
- Managing a Quality Service.
N150,000 – N200,000 monthly.
Note: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: March 5, 2021
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|