Google Nigeria Recruitment for Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa
JOB TITLE: Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa
LOCATIONS: Nairobi – Kenya, Lagos – Nigeria, Johannesburg – South Africa
About the Job
- As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
- As a member of Google’s Public Policy team in Sub-saharan Africa, you will help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, regional bodies, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
- As our Manager for Public Policy and Government Relations, you will represent Google externally with government, regulators and third parties, as well as help manage our local public policy strategy and campaigns, with a specific view of cross-border/regional initiatives with organizations such as the Africa Union, Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), East African Community (EAC) & Southern African Development Community (SADC).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with or in government, politics, or a regulatory agency.
- Experience engaging directly with politicians, decision makers, academia, think tanks, business associations and NGOs.
- Deep understanding of the Pan African regional blocks e.g. Africa Union, ECOWAS
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that everyone can understand.
- A strong collaborator with novel ideas, enthusiasm, determination and a passion for the Internet.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement, and to operate in a fast-paced environment.
|Job Category||Government Agencies / Public Sector|