JOB TITLE: Government and Civic Teacher
JOB LOCATION: Benin City, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Prepare and deliver lectures to students on Nigeria’s history, politics,international relations, and culture.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Prepare course materials and homework assignments.
- Responsible for class preparation, classroom management, as well as developing and grading assessments, and meeting with students and parents.
- Teaching students based on the curriculum guidelines.
- Encouraging student participation in lessons and in other school-related activities.
- Supporting the leadership team to implement the school’s development plan.
- Assessing and reporting on the behaviour of students.
- Providing educational and social guidance to students and/or signposting them to specialist areas of advice when needed.
- Ensuring the highest standards of quality and applying the most up-to-date teaching methods.
- Taking part in opportunities to boost your own learning and continuous professional development .
- Attending and taking part in staff meetings to support the smooth running and administration of the school.
- Collaborating with parents, carers, guardians, support workers, and other professionals to safeguard and ensure the educational welfare of statemented students who may have special educational needs .
- B.ED in Political Science, History, and or a related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Additional Information
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|