Job Title: Head, Digital and Alternative Channels
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: Internal and External
Main Purpose of the Position
- The Head, Alternative channels is responsible for the management of all distribution channels asides the branch network.
- These include the e-commerce value chain, overseeing the various parties involved (Issuer, Acquirer, Switch, Processor, Terminal Owner, ISO etc.) as well as the specific role each plays in assuring transaction success. It also includes the development and management of an agency banking network.
- The incumbent oversees the income generating points, as well as the specific bank charges (interest, fees, commissions, default charges etc.) at various points in the value chain for various electronic transactions.
Essential Job Duties
E-Commerce & Strategy Development:
- Applies knowledge of e-commerce value chain while engaging various parties involved in all e-banking transactions within and outside the Bank
- Prioritises channel characteristics by how well they help the Bank meet channel objectives and desired customer experience
- Develops strategies that utilises self-service banking technology/products/services to expand the Bank’s geographic reach and customer base
- Develops channel strategy in order to increase the Bank’s market share
- Understands the bank’s vision and strategic direction
- Undertakes Research and Analysis to understand implications for institution’s business planning and advice management
- Implements the business planning process and ensures strategic plan objectives are cascaded into departmental business objectives
Customer Service & Management:
- Creates and implements channel strategies for all customer segments to achieve effective channel use, sales and customer satisfaction targets, operational efficiency and a seamless product and relationship experience for customers
- Prioritizes work to ensure availability to assist sales team
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of product features and services and usability.
Product Development & Continuous Improvement:
- Enhances and upgrades existing products and services to include but not limited to internet banking, telephone banking and mobile banking
- Provides input into product development from experience and information gathered from sales support engagements
- Implement new business development and new product performance measures (scorecard) to track and monitor e growth and product performance
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of new products implemented
- Provide assistance towards development and implementation of policies and processes to support business planning within the institution.
- Ensures operational ramifications are considered in new product launches or in alterations of existing products.
- Facilitate the development of policies and processes to support implementation of new products within the bank
- The role and tasks will evolve with the growth of the organization.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management or related discipline. Related professional qualification is an advantage.
- At least twelve (12) years work experience in solution delivery, digital financial services, Business Development and Financial Inclusion of which five (5) must be in supervisory role.
- High-level proficiency in written and spoken English; good knowledge of word processing; proven spreadsheet skills; good interpersonal relations and negotiation skills.
- Solution sales qualified
- Enterprise Software background and knowledge of Microsoft solutions is required
- Ability to develop long-term strategic and executive-level relationships
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity, employing strong time management abilities.
|Deadline||17th January, 2020.|