Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting candidates for a Head, Equity Capital Markets.
JOB TITLE: Head, Equity Capital Markets
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Job ID: 49080
- Investment Banking provides clients with a range of advisory and financing solutions. Specialising in high-growth emerging markets, our expert advisers work on mergers and acquisitions, capital restructurings and empowerment deals, as well as arranging finance for acquisitions, client projects and property transactions.
- Lead and direct the development of the strategy for the Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team in Nigeria with an aim of simplifying delivery of the organization to clients, including leading edge strategic solutions, coordination, origination, execution, syndication and prioritization of the full suite of services including structuring advice, transaction execution, liaison and negotiation with senior market participants and Regulators.
- Responsible for identifying and sourcing complex investment banking opportunities in both the national industry and global markets to enhance revenue in Nigeria.
- Co-ordinate the product offering across the various affiliate companies in the Standard Bank Group and to oversee Nigerian ECM financial results. Ensure that the strategic approach is aligned to best practice compliance requirements and market standards.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Manage Transaction Origination and Execution:
- Responsible for identifying and sourcing equity capital market opportunities to enhance revenue.
- Solicit for new opportunities and maintain deal pipeline
- Develop relationships with existing and potential clients from initial negotiations to closure.
- Manage client interactions and regulatory engagements throughout the transaction cycle
- Execute transactions in accordance with relevant approvals and regulatory requirements
- Oversee documentation, models and presentations including term sheet, business valuation models, teasers, information memorandums, etc.
- Oversee issuance documentation including prospectus, rights circulars, information memorandums, investor and road show presentation materials, etc.
- Oversee and manage financial due diligence on targets for strategic investments and acquisitions.
- Ensure high quality outputs.
Develop strategy and manage business performance:
- Provide strategic direction for Equity Capital Markets in Nigeria whilst aligning the objectives with overall Global ECM and Investment banking goals.
- Take full responsibility for the balance sheet and income statement of Equity Capital Markets.
- Take overall accountability for achieving the revenue and earnings targets for the business.
- Continuously evaluate the external environment and assess the impact on the BU’s activities, and, where required, make necessary amendments to plans.
- Communicate the strategy to the Equity Capital Markets team and ensure a deep understanding across the whole business.
Develop and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders that are relevant to the business:
- Proactively develop relationships with key external stakeholders in including domestic regulators relevant to the business, product heads and external regulatory bodies to ensure appropriate co-operation when required and regulatory compliance.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders including Research, Coverage, Global Markets etc
- Hold primary relationship with clients and handle all aspects of client interaction including coordinating and execution of transactions.
Manage Employee Development:
- Together with the Head of Human Capital, the Head of Investment Banking and Global Head of ECM, determine the people strategy for Equity Capital Markets in Nigeria with a focus on talent management, resourcing, development and retention
- Mentor key managers in the area on people management techniques and approaches. Motivate senior managers to set the example on living the values and recognition.
- Review the overall development needs analysis to ensure continuous upskilling of team members
- Ensure appropriate headcount is maintained and with support from Human Capital, interview and hire direct reports.
Manage the risks in the business:
- Act as the executive sponsor for the implementation of the risk management framework.
- Drive a culture of proactive compliance
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualification and Experience:
- A university qualification ideally in Finance, Law, Social Sciences or Commerce
- Master’s in Business Administration or a relevant professional qualification such as CFA or ACA would be an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years of core investment banking experience, five (5) of which should be in Equity Capital Markets
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- Product Knowledge
- Deal Structuring
- Financial Industry Regulatory Framework
- International Market Knowledge
- Strategic Planning and Reporting
- Financial and Accounting Control
- Investment Analysis
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|