Head, Nigeria International Partners Group (NIPG) Secretariat is needed at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
JOB TITLE: Head, Nigeria International Partners Group (NIPG) Secretariat
Job ID: 30041
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – PARTNERSHIP
Vacancy Type: FTA International
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- The Nigeria International Partners Group (NIPG) was restructured in January 2020 and is composed of the United Nations and its agencies; bi-lateral donors; multilateral donors; the international financial institutions, and representatives from international non-governmental organizations (I-NGOs).
- In line with the five pillars of the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness and the commitment for greater partnership between different parties working on aid and development in the Accra Agenda for Action, the proposed objective of the NIPG is to strengthen international partner coordination at national level and foster alignment with the Government of Nigeria on planning and delivery of all development and related activities.
- The NIPG aims at supporting a harmonized collective approach in alignment with the priorities of the Government of Nigeria. This will include the development and delivery of an international mutual accountability framework to better coordinate international community efforts to support the Nigerian government’s responsibilities to reduce poverty in Nigeria.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Development Studies, or any other relevant field.
- 10 years’ work experience in development, political and/or transitional or humanitarian related field.
- Work experience/or familiarity with the aid effectiveness agenda with either bi-lateral, multi-lateral, UN or I-NGO organization with reference to SDGs and the Grand Bargain Commitments;
- Proven work experience in fragile/ conflict context(s) to deliver international assistance;
- Excellent strategic, managerial, administrative leadership and presentation skills;
- Proven coordination, partnership, donor relations, financial management and resource mobilization skills;
- Experience in inter-agency and multi-stakeholder coordination and mechanisms;
- Experience in complex emergencies and/or natural disasters – humanitarian/recovery/development operations.
- Experience in the field of displacement and durable solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to build an effective team, work across numerous organizations to deliver a common objective, and build effective working consensus amongst different organizations;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and understanding of power relations in resource-dependent countries.
- Proficiency in oral and written English. Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||30th April, 2020.|