Head of Education is needed at Save the Children Nigeria
JOB TITLE: Head of Education
Ref No: 200002NI
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Team/Programme: Programme Development and Quality
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Contract Length: 2 Years
Reports to: Director, Programme Development and Quality
Date of issue: May 2020
Author: PDQ Director
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
General responsibilities in Child safeguarding:
- Ensure you fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/ Country Procedures.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in your personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
- Ensure the way you are carrying out your work is not putting children at risk (or further risk) – this means constantly scrutinizing your work through a child safeguarding lens and talking to children about possible design/ implementation “flaws”.
- Promote the message of child safeguarding to colleagues in other organizations and government ministries, children on their own and beneficiary families, and community members in general.
- Be vigilant about observing possible child abuse/ harm in their personal and professional lives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education, Pedagogy or a relevant field Degree in Education/pedagogy, etc.
- At least five years’ experience in the education sector – experience in preparation of project designs, strategic planning and implementation of related activities including in basic education and early childhood care
- Extensive experience in an NGO, including working abroad
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in humanitarian contexts, including conflict-affected environments
- Familiarity with UNICEF, USAID, EU and other major donors’ regulations and policies
- Experience in supporting and partnership management (working with community, civil society, government, children, Education Cluster, etc.)
- Experience working with children (girls and boys) and communities;
- Good experience working with the Education Cluster
- Experience in inclusive education, promoting education for marginalized groups including girls
- Gender sensitive and able to use gender analysis in relevant areas of work; able to lead towards gender transformative change.
- Have access to a broad network of education stakeholders within the country or proven ability to network
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in diverse team situations
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, and work across different cultures
- Superior analytical and strategic skills: able to facilitate, write, edit and promote education strategies in the forms of programme and project design, briefs, policy support documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|
|Deadline||1st June, 2020.|