Achyutam International is recruiting for the position below
JOB TITLE: Head of Engineering ( IT) – Tech Logistics
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
Qualifications and Experience
- The Head of Engineering has to have a master’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field.
- A candidate for this position must also have had at least 10 years of working experience in a senior solution architect position. He will have had vast experience in software engineering, site/software development and experience working with numerous software-industry business models inclusive of Fintech, Banking, Telecom, E-commerce, fulfilment.
- He will also have a demonstrated experience in the management of a frontend or backend team through cross-functional projects and recording project progress. The candidate will also have a proven track record of consistent project delivery, and designing and developing complex, interactive consumer sites/software.
- He will also have had vast experience building consumer and developer-facing products and services as well as the deployment of APIs.
- A suitable candidate will further have had vast experience in agile development practices and architectural knowledge of web-based and backend technologies.
- The ideal candidate will be having min 14 years of experience in engineering (Please stick to number of years while applying)
- Communication Skills: Communication skills both in written and verbal form are imperative for the Head of Engineering. He will need to have exceptionally good communication skills in his leadership position where the clarity of his communications to junior engineering personnel will determine the success or failure of sites/software within the business.
- The Head of Engineering also plays a highly collaborative role where clarity in his communications will largely determine the effectiveness and efficiency with which cross-functional duties are executed. Communication skills will also be necessary for the drafting of progress reports for senior engineering management, which must be clear, concise, comprehensive, and easy-to-understand.
- Technology/Software: The Head of Engineering, like his juniors, must be technologically adept and demonstrate outstanding computer skills. He will possess an innate understanding of MVC Framework, SAAS, IPAAS, SOA, Microservices and in languages like Java, PHP, GoLang, Ruby etc
- Interpersonal Skills: A candidate for this position will also possess certain personal attributes. The candidate will be consumer and result-oriented, be a creative and strategic thinker, work comfortably in a highly collaborative environment, and will work comfortably in a constantly evolving environment.
- He must also have a keen eye for detail, have a constant and insatiable trust for knowledge, and have an ability to remain calm and composed in times of uncertainty and stress, inspiring the same in his peers and juniors.
- Leadership/People Skills: The candidate must also demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, having an ability to move a cross-functional group in a unified direction and with a common vision. He will also be a likeable and relatable individual who is able to make meaningful and lasting connections with others. He will also be able to inspire confidence in others, making it easy for them to trust in his insights, directives, and judgments.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|