JOB TITLE: Head of Mission Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Provide support to the mission by assisting the Head of Mission in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to facilitate coordination tasks in the mission.
- Assist the HoM in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational activities and individual behaviours.
- Keep good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts (other NGO’s, UN agencies, local authorities) verifying that they are easily accessible in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the HoM, represents MSF in meetings (NGO, official bodies, administration).
- Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for all staff.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Manage HOM visit, meeting schedules and calendar.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Management, Public Relations, International Relations, Public Administration, Communication, Law, Social Sciences or other Liberal Arts fields.
- 2 years previous experience in humanitarian aid
- Understanding of the functioning of the different administrations of Nigeria
- Previous experience in similar position(s) involving liaison/communication with government and/or international organizations and/or civil society.
- Essential: Fluency in English
- Desirable: Knowledge of Hausa is an asset
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet).
Monthly Gross salary of 404,332 (Four hundred and Four thousand, Three Hundred and Thirty Two) Naira per month, plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary (prorated).
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.
Deadline: September 20, 2021