Head of Solutions Mapping is needed at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
JOB TITLE: Head of Solutions Mapping
Job ID: 30200
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – SOLUTIONS MAPPING
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- The UNDP Strategic Plan embraces the complexity of development and commits the organization to helping countries find faster, more durable solutions to achieve Agenda 2030. Important development trends like urbanization, climate change, and rising inequalities pose significant challenges on our path to achieve the 2030 agenda of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- UNDP has begun incubating a number of strategic initiatives aimed at ensuring UNDP is ‘fit for purpose’ to deliver a new generation of solutions in line with the challenges the world faces. One such key strategic initiatives is the UNDP Accelerator Lab Network which operates as part of UNDP’s sustainable development offering.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Behavioral Psychology, Design, Architecture, Communications or related field and minimum of 2 years of professional experience in development programming or policy; social innovation; partnership building; engagement (public and private sector) and/or resource mobilization
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Behavioral Psychology, Design, Architecture, Communications or related field and minimum of 4 years of professional experience in development programming or policy; social innovation; partnership building; engagement (public and private sector) and/or resource mobilization
- Demonstrated ability to undertake field research in remote communities and document ethnographic evidence and honor expertise in unusual places
- Demonstrate ability to work in participatory methods, follow the lead of people as experts in their own sustainable development
Experience in following areas is desirable but not necessary:
- Professional experience in development programming or policy and social innovation.
- Proven professional knowledge and experience in approaches such as Ethnography, Systems Thinking, Behavioral Insights, Co-creation, Qualitative and Quantitative User Research, Positive Deviance, Community Asset Mapping, Service Design or Human Centered Design
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners to help surface unarticulated needs
- Proven ability to design ethical frameworks for managing public sector experiments
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||26th May, 2020.|