Job Title: Head, Plant Process, Mills & Kilns
Location: Obajana, Kogi
- Ensure that DCP’s production systems and assets at the plants are optimized and operated in accordance with industry production technology standards and company policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide process engineering discipline expertise for DCP plants.
- Provide process engineering support which entails identifying, prioritising, and appraising conceptual engineering solutions to optimize production, as well as process studies and test runs to optimise key process variables.
- Liaise with relevant production personnel to obtain information on the effectiveness and efficiency of DCP production processes.
- Carry out detailed analysis of key process trends, developments and changes in equipment performance behaviours in DCP production processes.
- Manage the selection, design and application of material and equipment that enhance system efficiency.
- Execute the testing of new process concepts to confirm feasibility and compatibility with existing structures.
- Assist with the management of the end-to-end implementation of approved new production systems to achieve seamless transition within the plant.
- Implement the roll out, maintenance and institutionalisation of an operational intelligence system within the production unit.
- Ensure that the production lines are structured optimally to deliver efficient and effective solutions in cement manufacturing.
- Drive productivity improvements and reduce non-value adding expense within production systems.
- Oversee the smooth running of a continuous feedback system to ensure that reports on all monitoring systems are produced accurately and on time.
- Promote effective use of production tools and standard processes.
- Assist in fostering an environment that embraces change and promotes innovative solutions to complex production problems.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Technical Services (Plant).
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry.
- In-depth knowledge of process design engineering principles applied to cement manufacturing, process simulation tools, and process equipment sizing/selection.
- Working knowledge of all relevant cement industry codes, standards and regulations associated with process design and process safety engineering.
- Working knowledge of process safety hazard’s analysis and risk assessment methodologies applied to cement manufacturing, operating and ultimate dismantlement phases of the processing life cycle.
- Good understanding of statistical process control.
- Good understanding of process research methods and analysis.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Good analysis and organizing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
|Job Category||Administration/ Office/ Operations|