Higher Ground International Schools (HGIS) is recruiting candidates for a Head Teacher (Primary and Nursery).
JOB TITLE: Head Teacher (Primary and Nursery)
JOB LOCATION: Abia
- Helps to implement the organization’s vision in the Primary and Nursery section by working side by side the School Admin in providing leadership and coordinating all educational activities for both staff and pupils of the school.
- Provides developmental insights during management review meetings and required support for operational effectiveness.
- Delivers world class learning programs and ensures that all tutors align appropriately.
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily activities of the Primary and Nursery school and reports to the school administrator on weekly basis.
- Monitors teaching modules, lesson notes, curriculum and overall staff and pupils class work performance in line with the expected delivery of the school
- Periodically organize meetings, reviews, teach-the-teacher (TTT) programs for primary and nursery school teachers.
- Provides counseling, periodic teaching on literacy, numeracy, quantitative and verbal reasoning as appropriate to the pupil.
- Undertake other assigned responsibilities by the admin/ school Board for the overall progress of the school
- Should have a minimum of B. A, B.Ed., B.Sc. in relevant Arts, Sciences or humanities courses with up to 5 years teaching experience.
- M.A, M.Ed. or M.Sc. will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience as a Head teacher, or Assistant Head Teacher, educational will be an additional advantage
- Must be disciplined, of good character, passionate about students, fluent in English, ready to mold lives and take up for the challenging roles of a growing school in line with the vision of the founder/CEO.
- Computer literacy and excellent in word processing is added advantage
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|
|Deadline||30th May, 2020.|