Health Assistant needed at Action Against Hunger.
JOB TITLE: Health Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Bade, Yobe
Job type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: WASH PHP/NFI Officer
Slot: 2 Openings
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Health Assistant to join our team in our Yobe office.
- This person will provide technical support to the Health Officer for the effective implementation of the health component of the multi-sectoral project, particularly in the management of childhood illness, COVID -19 and CMAM in Bade, Yobe State.
- Assist the health officer and respective hospital authorities, conduct training needs assessment for the PHC staff in the respective health facilities on the CMAM and IMNCI.
- Facilitate and organize training on CMAM and IMNCI for the relevant Health Workers (HWs) based on the findings from the training assessment.
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervision visits to all Action Against Hunger supported Clinics and CMAM outreaches to ensure good quality of services.
- Follow up with HWs at the respective Clinics and OTPs to ensure the staff sends the stock reports (medicine and therapeutic products) to the respective authorities on a monthly basis.
- Assist the health Officer to prepare and organize regular coordination meetings with SNO, relevant hospital authorities, and HWs on the issue of CMAM In-Patient management.
- Work closely with the HWs in hospitals and OTP sites as well as CVs for an effective follow up of children discharged from the hospitals to the health facilities for a better continuation of the CMAM treatment.
- Diploma in Science with a major in Nursing, community health, or Nutrition. 1-year experience in inpatient nutritional treatment essential, IMNCI, and CMAM approach.
- Must an indigene and reside in Bade or Nguru LGA
- Previous experiences in CMAM programming.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to network effectively with local representatives of international aid organizations for exchange of information.
- Experienced in working in Northern Nigeria and well-integrated into the local community
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, and English.
- Minimum Monthly Salary: 156,995 Naira
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: November 25, 2020