Health Financing & Advocacy Specialist is needed at Save the Children Nigeria
JOB TITLE: Health Financing & Advocacy Specialist
Job ID: 1900034J
LOCATION: Duste, Jigawa
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- This role will provide strategic leadership on advocacy for all health projects and by collaborating closely with all the Health Advocacy Advisors, Coordinators and Officers in all the national and field offices – ensuring that they work effectively as a coordinated team spearheading SC’s influencing of governments and partners. S/he will work closely with the, State Project Managers and Chief of Party at National & States on the implementation of the advocacy, campaign, media, social mobilization and communication strategy in Project State. S/he will also be expected to contribute to the implementation of wider Save the Children Advocacy and Campaign Strategy.
- S/he will coordinate and oversee monthly, quarterly and annual advocacy reports that feeds into donors report. S/he will work closely with state Child Health & Immunization Specialist (CHIS) and the SBCC teams to develop relevant materials (briefs/messages) and undertake actions to create enabling environment and promote sustainability (increasing government commitment and action) of projects.
- S/he will lead on health policy analysis and support the design and implementation of the programme within the right based programming approach. S/he will be responsible for leading on the development and delivery of health advocacy and financing strategy within the context of Universal Health Care. S/he will support the State Project Manage and the Chief of Party to promote pro-poor governance agenda in the delivery of primary health care with focus on improving quality and access to Health services and strengthening the health systems at all levels of government.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Develop and lead policy and research on health financing, health systems and Universal Health Coverage, especially for influencing national and state processes and discussions
- Support actively in the process of developing the programme short- and long-term governance and advocacy agendas. Particularly as it relates to exploring governance-related barriers to the elimination of exclusion and inequity.
- Develop and deliver advocacy strategies to influence relevant stakeholders and achieve health policy changes at national and State levels
- Play a leading role in establishing Pneumonia & infectious disease sensitive working groups at state level
Requirements, Skills & Experience
- Level of Education – Post Graduate
- Specified Study Area – Public Health / Development Economics/ Financial Economics / Development Studies
- Desired Number of Years’ experience – 7 (in health/development advocacy with a focus on health financing, health governance and enhanced voice and accountability)
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent. Knowledge of local language is an asset.
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Excellent
- Profound knowledge in Nigeria governance and health systems and political terrains
- Strong knowledge of global health policy goals and commitments
- Ability to write strong position papers and policy briefings
- Strong analytical framework to clearly articulate and communicate our policy positions
- Ability to be strategic and proactive when required to be able to keep advocacy plans dynamic and aligned to new policy and political developments
- Ability to clearly communicate and easily relate to federal state authorities
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s commitment to protect children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|
|Deadline||20th July, 2020.|