Health Officer is needed at Action Against Hunger
JOB TITLE: Health Officer
LOCATION: Damasak, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – Health and Nutrition
Level: Mid Level
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Sector Manager: Health and Nutrition
- Health situation monitoring and mapping of health sector activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Diagnosis and Mapping:
- Update and maintain 5W/4W mapping (Health, and Nutrition sector) tool regularly for the operational LGA; share with the Sector Health Manager.
- Update tracking tool to monitor program screening based data on acute malnutrition; collect health facility-based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Participate in conducting SMART/Rapid SMART surveys with technical support from Deputy HN Manager/Sector Manager.
- Participate with the M&E team in supervision of data collection for Nutrition KAP surveys; Baseline and End line Surveys.
- Liaise with Community Mobilization Officers/Assistants and HSS officers for accessing community care group database; health facility database regularly and updating overall health facility-based activities.
- Conduct a periodic capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, Reproductive health service delivery, vaccination, etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs.
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or related roles
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in primary health care program.
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Team management experience with similar programs.
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities.
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger’s aims, values, and principles.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions.
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|
|Salary||236,585 per month.|
|Deadline||20th May, 2020.|