Job Title: Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, HSM
Reference: PIR 4239PHR00044
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type/Contract: TBD.
Job Summary / Role Description
- Site HSE Manager (HSM) verifies and ensures that all Field activities are performed according to the HSE Policy, the regulations, standards and procedures, promoting all preventive and corrective action as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, if possible coordinate with the project manager;
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field; Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community;
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions;
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors;
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary;
- Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the project management team and Regional Safety Manager for compliance and action plan;
- Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years Health and Safety field experience;
- Ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills. Self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
- Attention to detail, and the ability to read and draft blueprints (as-builts), negotiation / customer relation skills, strong communications and interpersonal skills, leadership skills.
- Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this position.
- The information submitted shall include:
- Expected salary (year, gross)
- Notice period (weeks)
- Email address of the candidate.
Deadline: May 18, 2021
|Job Category||HSE / Safety Management|