Justice, Development and Peace / Caritas (JDPC), Enugu Diocese is recruiting candidates for a HIV Care, Support and Referral Coordination Officer.
JOB TITLE: HIV Care, Support and Referral Coordination Officer
JOB LOCATION: Enugu
JDPC Enugu Diocese is currently engaging in the Enugu State Faith-Based Action for Scaling up Testing and Treatment for the Epidemic Response (FASTER) project. FASTER in line with Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) will catalyze progress towards achieving UNAID’ 95-95-95 targets by addressing structural barriers to pediatric HIV testing and treatment, expanding innovation, and scaling up what works through six priority actions in Enugu State
Specific Job Responsibilities
Program Quality and Technical Coordination:
- Facilitate effective representation of the FBOs and FBO networks in HIV/OVC TWG activities at the state levels
- Support religious leaders to conduct congregational testing and Baby showers model of HIV case finding across the supported communities
- Support the scale up of community-based model for the engagement of community structures to improve case-finding for infants delivered outside of facilities.
- Support the referral coordination and linkages between communities and facilities in the focal state.
- Facilitate the effective referral coordination platforms across various LGAs being supported by the FASTER project.
- Work with faith-based health facilities to scale – up the use of age-specific HIV Risk screening tool for determining children and adolescents at risk of HIV and prioritizing them for HIV testing in community and facility settings.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in health, social science or related discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience in HIV/AIDS programming
- Minimum 2 years in the developing world in project management positions with progressive technical and management responsibilities.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Technical experience with programming to address cross-gender issues and concerns among children and adolescents is highly required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|
|Deadline||28th April, 2020.|