JOB TITLE: HR Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Duration: 1 year (Extension Based on Budget Availability)
- The HR assistant will support the Human Resource Department in managing daily HR functions and supporting a staff strength of about 100 persons across several locations: gain wide exposure to recruiting, consultancy procurement, employee relations, benefits, administration, training and meeting coordination, audits and other projects as they occur day to day in the department.
- The HR Assistant will also work with the Finance and Admin team on work tool procurement process for new hires and replacement for existing hires.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide recruitment support by scheduling and arranging interviews for shortlisted candidates
- Provide necessary Consultancy Procurement support to the Human Resource Manager.
- Conducting Terrorist and reference checks, and maintaining new hiring information.
- Own the orientation program, running regular sessions throughout the year, regularly evaluate and make improvements to orientation and on-boarding processes for new hire, rehires and transfers.
- Provide Roving HR duties to other field offices for onboarding, observation and documentation as needed.
- Ensure employment information is up to date and available for all new employees.
- Send out staff announcement to all staff at least one week before staff resumption.
- Send out welcome email to all new employees at least 3 days before start date. Welcome email should contain one to two weeks of onboarding plan.
- Follow up with all departing employees to ensure that all exit documents are submitted and all assets are retrieved.
- Manage all employment contracts and ensure personnel files are effectively maintained
- Manage all extensions to existing staff conditions of employment.
- Participate in team meetings to bring up issues, share knowledge, share achievements, and provide training and direction.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities across the HR team.
- Undertakes additional tasks or projects as assigned by the HR Manager
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Development Studies, Social Science, International Studies, Public Administration, or experience in related area.
- 1-2 years of relevant practical HR experience working as a human resource personnel or managing recruitment.
- Experience in INGO is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and deadlines;
- Demonstrate integrity, alignment with Search’s values and ethical standards;
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of Search;
- Capacity to adapt to a multi-cultural context, and tolerance and respect to issues related to gender, religion, race and nationality;
- Excellent ability to multi-task and produce time-bound deliverables.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism and solves problems in collaborative ways.
- Analytical capacity, including the ability to analyze and articulate peace, violence prevention, human security and conflict issues;
- Ability to identify problems, and to use sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve them;
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly rewarding, but stressful and demanding environment;
- Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field;
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to draft/edit a variety
- of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style;
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and collaborative working relations.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Note: Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
Deadline: September 10, 2021
|Job Category||Assistant, Human Resources / Recruitment|