HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment), Compliance and Monitoring Officer needed at Phase3 Telecom Limited.
JOB TITLE: HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment), Compliance and Monitoring Officer
JOB LOCATION: Abuja (FCT)
Organization / Department: Corporate Strategy and Planning
Reporting Manager: Head Corporate Strategy and Planning
- The HSE, Compliance and Monitoring Officer, will monitor health and safety organization-wide, assess risks, and design strategies to reduce potential hazards.
- S / he will also ensure Phase 3 Telecom functions in a legal and ethical manner while meeting its business goals and thus will be responsible for developing compliance programs, reviewing company policies, and advising management on possible risks.
- Monitor HSE incidents of injury, illness, and other situations within Phase 3 Telecom and write reports accordingly.
- Design strategies to reduce incidents of illness, environmental accidents, and other issues that may affect staff safety.
- Investigate environmental accidents and other safety concerns within Phase 3 Telecom
- Design training programs to provide safety awareness education to all staff.
- Give presentations about current safety hazards based on market research, to educate staff about avoiding health, safety, and environmental hazards.
- Assess risks associated with tools and equipment, jobsites, and work environments within the organization
- Analyze business processes / requirements and review / develop company policies in line with these.
- Create and maintain documentation including requirements, design and user manuals to monitor processes and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes
- First degree in Risk Management, Economics, Political Science, Statistics or a related field
- HSE Certification is required
- 4 years’ proven experience as an HSE and compliance officer role in a medium to large scale organization.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian regulatory environment
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities
- Result driven and detail oriented
- Must possess good initiative with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent Communicationand presentation skills
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to planning, organization and detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Deadline: October 20, 2020
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|