Human Resources Director is needed at Mercy Corps
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Director
Program / Department Summary
- The Human Resource Department is responsible for developing and implementing effective HR policies, procedures, and people-friendly guidelines within Mercy Corps Nigeria. This includes but is not limited to: Talent Acquisition & development; employee engagement coordination; country wide training & learning management; compensation & benefits administration; country wide performance management oversight; disciplinary & grievance handling; staff data management; staff disengagement management and 3rd party service provision management (HMO, Group Life)
General Position Summary
- The Human Resources Director provides leadership of the human resource and organizational development function in Mercy Corps Nigeria.
- S/he ensures the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs for the Nigeria Country Office. This includes developing and implementing and managing HR processes and procedures in accordance with Nigeria policy laws / standards; leadership of the HR Team; supporting the driving of initiatives and projects aimed at ensuring the MCN Team is as happy & productive as possible at all times; and ensuring HR documentation is compliant with all donor policies.
- In addition, the HR Director builds the capacity of all team members across all offices. S/he provides support and advises the Country Director on HR issues. The HR Director works closely with all team members as a part of the Senior Management Team (SMT) to bring efficiency in Nigeria HR procedures.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
- Requires National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or an exemption.
- Requires at least ten years of experience with seven years of strong, demonstrated management experience in the INGO sector in strategic HR.
- In depth knowledge of Nigeria employment practices and legal regulations pertaining to payroll and employment
- Highly motivated with ability to analyze information and problem solving
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to deal with confidential information in a discrete manner
- Excellent negotiation and representation skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, advanced knowledge of written and spoken English is essential.
- Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of donor regulations including USAID, EC, DFID.
- Internationally recognized qualification in project or program management or a commitment to obtain the qualification in the early months of work.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Knowledge of Sphere standards and other training in humanitarian response preferred.
- The successful Human Resource Director will have the ability to multitask, set priorities, and work under tight deadlines within a complex team.
- S/he will demonstrate strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills and be committed to the values and mission of Mercy Corps.
- S/he will take initiative and contribute to team efforts, as well as demonstrate an ability to communicate, assume leadership, and make solid decisions.
- S/he will possess a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial as well as training capacity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Human Resources / Recruitment|
|Deadline||2nd June, 2020.|