Humanitarian Affairs Officer / Head of Access and Civil Military Coordination Unit (TJO) is needed at the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
JOB TITLE: Humanitarian Affairs Officer / Head of Access and Civil Military Coordination Unit (TJO)
LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Slot: 20 Humanitarian Affairs-OCHA-134957-J- (X)
Org. Setting and Reporting
- This position is located in the Operations and Advocacy Division (OAD), Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), which is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies.
- OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts. OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
- This temporary job opening is being advertised for the position of Head of Unit/Access and Civil Military Coordination and is located in Maiduguri with OCHA Nigeria. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Head of Office OCHA Nigeria.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Political Science, Social Science, Public Administration, International Studies, Economics, Engineering, Earth Sciences or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area is required.
- Experience in humanitarian affairs or related area at the international level is required.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where the response is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is required.
- Experience in humanitarian access analysis in support of the Humanitarian Program Cycle is desirable.
- Strong analytical and research background, with experience managing complex and large volumes of data sources and information is desirable.
- Experience managing a diverse team of staff within a complex, humanitarian setting is desirable.
- Experience in the UN Common System or other international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, GIS Mapping and experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
- Experience in the region (West Africa) is desirable.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||30th April, 2020.|