Humanitarian Affairs Officer / Pooled Fund Manager (TJO), P3 is needed at the United Nations
JOB TITLE: Humanitarian Affairs Officer / Pooled Fund Manager (TJO), P3
Job Opening Number: 20-Humanitarian Affairs-OCHA-137386-J – (X)
LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Temporary Job Opening
Department / Office: Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Staffing Exercise: N/A
Org. Setting and Reporting
- This position is located in the Operations and Advocacy Division, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), which is part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts.
- OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a related field, is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, project management, budget management, or related area, is required.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is required.
- Experience in direct project management, project supervision, monitoring and evaluation and administration is desirable.
|Job Category||Human Resources / Recruitment|
|Deadline||2nd July, 2020.|