Humanitarian Child Protection Manager is needed at Save the Children Nigeria
JOB TITLE: Humanitarian Child Protection Manager
Job ID: 2000034O
LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Child Safeguarding: Level 3
- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- The Child Protection (CP) Manager will be based in Borno State and is the sectoral manager of all Child Protection implementations in the Humanitarian Response, NE Nigeria.
- The overall aim of the CP Manager is to manage the CP team and ensure CP interventions are in line with Save the Children’s CP Strategy and donor guidelines; including assessment, design and managing staff to initiate quality interventions to address violations of children’s rights to protection from abuse, exploitation, violence and neglect.
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring that quality programmes are implemented and capacities developed to provide these kinds of protection to children in a range of Save the Children’s emergency responses in NE Nigeria.
- The post holder is expected to also support on proposal writing and is responsible for programme reporting, programme design and capacity building of staff.
- The manager will support in the development of the sector strategy and will represent Save the Children in coordination groups and support fundraising, recruitment and procurement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant management experience (of at least 5 years) working in an emergency response contexts or fragile states in the area of child protection
- Education to B.Sc/ BA/ BEng/ MSc/ MA/ MEng level in Social Work, Human Rights Law, International Relations, Development Studies or similar, or equivalent field experience.
- Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
- Ability to identify the main gaps in child protection in the given context to inform a holistic response for children.
- Good knowledge of and experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines in child protection, such as the Inter-agency Guidelines on Separated and Unaccompanied Children, the Paris Principles, MRM, SC Child Friendly Spaces Handbook, and the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Settings.
- Previous experience of managing a team and of project management
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating child protection programmes in emergency, transition and development contexts
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
- Experience in capacity building and in strengthening various duty bearers understanding of and response to child protection.
- Experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
|Job Category||Human Resources / Recruitment|
|Deadline||24th June, 2020.|