JOB TITLE: HVAC Design Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Ikeja, Lagos
- HVAC design engineers create and develop refrigeration and heating systems for commercial and residential properties.
- HVAC companies, construction crews, and building companies hire HVAC design engineers to work full time during all shifts, primarily during daytime hours.
- HVAC design engineers report to the project manager or Construction foreman on any jobsite.
- Travel is an essential element of this job, as HVAC design engineers must go to various construction sites and properties to assess heating and cooling needs and design various systems to address these needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- HVAC Design Engineers perform various job duties based on the size of the heating and cooling projects they work on, the type of property where systems are needed, and the heating and cooling needs of customers.
- However, these core job tasks are the same despite these differences:
Design HVAC Systems:
- HVAC design engineers create heating and cooling systems and their controls.
Calculate Heating and Cooling Needs:
- HVAC design engineers make load calculations to determine how much heating and cooling power various equipment must put out in order to heat or cool spaces when needed.
- A majority of employers require HVAC Design Engineers to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience, which means several years of prior experience working with HVAC.
- The amount of work experience required by employers varies, but a minimum of three years is common.
Skills and Qualifications:
HVAC design engineers are professionals with a high degree of mechanical aptitude and a talent for math who calculate and design heating and cooling systems for buildings of all sizes. Employers hire HVAC design engineers who possess the following skills:
- Time management – HVAC design engineers use time management skills to work within tight deadlines and finish projects on time
- Mathematics – because HVAC design engineers make numerous calculations, excellent math skills are essential for this job
- Communication skills – HVAC design engineers use communication skills to write budget estimates and speak with customers and other designers
- Mechanical expertise – HVAC design engineers use their mechanical abilities to design complicated heating and cooling systems
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: May 1, 2021
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|