Non-governmental Organization is recruiting candidates for IBBSS Field Supervisors.
JOB TITLE: IBBSS Field Supervisors
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Oyo, Benue, Nasarawa, Kaduna, Kano, Taraba, Gombe, Abia, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and Rivers
Slots: 48 (4 positions per state)
Duration of Engagement: 3 months maximum
- The IBBSS Field Supervisor will supervise the collection of data and biological sample by the field team
- The supervisor positions are to be applied for by typology (FSW, MSM, PWID and TG)
- S/he works directly with UOM State Representative of the state to ensure the quality and timeliness of the data and biological sample collected
- They head the field teams and send regular reports of field activities to their UOM State Representative.
Terms of Reference
The IBBSS Field Supervisor under the supervision of the UOM State Representative is responsible for the following:
- Plan daily field activity along with the UOM State representative and the filed team
- To conduct daily meetings and brief the team about the day’s work every morning before field entry
- Debrief the team during meetings, discuss field issues and suggest appropriate solutions where required
- Maintain close contact with team members in order to closely monitor and support data collection at each stage including sampling specifications (sampling points, selection of respondents), and interviewing specifications. This is necessary to ensure quality and consistency throughout the data collection process
- Supervision of interviews being conducted on regular basis
- Maintenance of data collection updates for his / her specific team
- Act as a resource person for the field team members by providing answers and clarification to questions that may arise on the field.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Health Sciences or related field
- At least two (2) years experience participating in managing research activities involving qualitative/ quantitative data collection.
- Resident in the selected state is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with carrying out key population surveys is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Ability to speak the local dialect fluently would be a major asset.
- Experience with MS office package.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Individuals blacklisted from implementing Global Fund grants are not eligible to apply
- We are an equal opportunity organization that is committed to promoting gender equality.
Deadline: August 31, 2020